Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Beautiful Experience

Coming back up the trail from the barn, today, with my trusty sidekick, Hobbes, I heard a noise that made me stop.  Looking up, I saw a lovely, little buck sporting fairly long spikes- probably a 2 yr. old. He trotted off a few feet, but then, turned and really LOOKED at me- and... unbelievably...
he started walking towards me!
He got to within 20 ft. of me before stopping again.  Suddenly, I realized who he was! The little buck that would come in with his mother and her fawn last Spring.  The one I used to throw apples to!  I truly believe he recognized me! (and wanted apples, of course).
After a minute or two, he walked past, then, turned to look at me one last time before hopping the pasture fence.  I never fail to be awed by nature, and my encounters with the animals here.
(unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me when all this happened, so the buck pictured above is NOT the animal I am describing- HOWEVER, I think this little buck is Imp... the fawn I loved, and blogged about last Spring.  He, too, allows me closer than any wild animal should).

No comments:

Post a Comment