Sunday, March 23, 2014

Walking up to get the paper

I woke, this morning, to gently falling snow- 
the ground covered in white,
but,
by the time I had breakfast, got dressed, and actually went outside with my camera, it was already melting FAST.  So, I missed that photo opportunity :(  
Instead, Bruce and I decided to walk up to get the paper, and of course, I made up for lost time with the images below.
The Shelties were READY to GO! and they kept racing ahead, turning around to race back to us.  My Dad used to say that for every mile he walked, his dog walked 5.  I think that's about right.

The clouds were spectacular.
We didn't see any wildlife this time, so the Shelties were given free rein to play and run. They found so many interesting smells!  Recently, a mountain lion took one of our fawns :(  While I just felt sadness walking past, the dogs discovered the scent of mountain lion, coyotes, crows and eagles, and could hardly be called off the site.
Piper (our sweet, almost 6 yr. old male)
Selkie (our darling 8 1/2 yr. old female)
They never get TOO far away, because they know I have treats in my pocket, which I dole out at odd times throughout our walks. It pays to be the one closest to me- you get your bone first. ;)
(Click on this photo to view it enlarged).
Because the Aspens haven't budded out yet, you can just barely see our house in the distance... (psst! it's that orangey colored dot in the center of the photo ;) )
Back home, it's time to read the paper and drink coffee and reflect on how grateful I am to live the life I live, where I live it. This isn't something I get used to or take for granted. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I know Selkie and Piper liked going for walks when I was there last.

    ReplyDelete