Sunday, February 20, 2011

In a mood

So.... we're sitting in the living room, relaxing, sipping coffee, and reading our respective books and newspapers, when the sun breaks through the clouds!  You would think this would be a welcome sight.... however, Bruce takes a look around and says, "OMG! Look at all those cobwebs!"  He's referring to cobwebs in the corner of our 20 FT. CEILING!  HOW does the man even see that far up? and WHY is he looking?  I tried to ignore him. After 31 1/2 yrs. of marriage, I knew where this was going.
Pretty soon, he's knocking at the sliding glass doors with a 25 ft. ladder.  Could I help him set it up?  He takes my GOOD towels, and DUCT tapes them to the ends of the ladder.  You wouldn't want any scuffs 20 ft. up where no one could see them. Then, my husband, who is afraid of heights, by the way, climbs the shaky ladder, and begins to lean to the right... lean to the left... trying to get every tiny bit of dust and cobweb.
I'm trying to hold the ladder, and berate him with pleas and warnings! PLEASE be careful! I don't want to be a widow! I can't manage this house all alone! The ladder is shaking! Are you done yet???
But I know him better, than to believe he's done.  The man has just started.
He HAS to get ALL the corners! He has to wipe down the walls. My reasoning that 'the cobwebs and dirt will only start coming back tomorrow' falls on deaf ears.  He continues.
Now, he's wiping down the windowsills.... not the low ones. Not the ones I could ever possibly reach- the 13 ft. up in the air ones... and he's sending down a shower of dust clumps. *sighs*
Even when he abandons the HUGE ladder, he insists on bringing out the step ladder, and putting me to shame by vacuuming the TOP of the entertainment center. I'm not positive I was aware entertainment centers HAD tops... and I KNOW I didn't realize they were supposed to be vacuumed. *sighs*
With the immediate danger over, I settled down and began to think about it.  This was actually pretty cool!  The house was CLEAN! and I hadn't had to do it!  Yep.  Bruce is pretty special, and I'm keeping him! :)
 And no, ladies, I won't rent him out!

1 comment: