Sunday, March 6, 2011

Imp

You all know how much I love, Raggie... well, let me introduce to you another of my special animals...
Imp.
Imp is a 9-10 mos. old whitetail fawn.  
We usually see him with, what we assume is, his family group.  A twin sister, his mother, and a yearling buck.  
We got to calling him Imp because of his outrageous behavior.
Imp sees nothing wrong with coming up on our back patio, and nibbling at the withered plants growing RIGHT NEXT TO the sliding glass door.  Drives the Shelties NUTS!
He has been known to peek in our bedroom window.
And last Fall, when we had our cornshocks, and pumpkins on the front porch, Imp walked up the steps, and spent some time munching on the ears of corn still connected to the stalks! Once, he marched up to the front door, and tried eating the Indian corn I had hanging as a decoration.
You can see how he quickly became one of our favorites. The little IMP!
Yesterday, I saw Raggie in the field, and I grabbed my camera, and scooted outside without first looking to see who might be hanging around.
I scared poor Imp... although he didn't run far.
He peered around the trees, probably supposing I couldn't see him! LOL!  Or maybe he knew I'd soon be preoccupied with taking photos of Raggie.
He was right, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment