Friday, July 18, 2014

Sunset Chasers!

While there are no active fires near us, right now, the smoke from the big blazes in Washington, Idaho and Oregon is being blown into our area making the most spectacular sunsets! 
On the evening that I saw the moose, Bruce and I were marveling at how beautiful and ORANGE the sun looked hanging over the river. Bruce got the bright idea that we should drive up to Blue Slide Pass where I could take a photo of the sun setting. So, off we went!
Wildlife was out en masse! 
O course, I had to try to get photos of all of them! ;)
But we finally got to the pass- and Bruce was right! The view was AMAZING!
I've never seen the sun so orange!
and the way it lit up the water
made it seem as if the river were on fire!
As we watched the sun sink lower and lower- I had an idea! Could I possibly get a photo of the sun setting over the old silos? We ran back to the car.
As I happily snapped photo after photo, I said, 'Could we make it to Allen's field in time?' Bruce and I turned, looked at each other and jumped back in the Honda.
Bruce said, 'You've heard about Tornado Chasers, right?  Well, we're SUNSET Chasers!' 
By the time we got to Allen's field, the best of the sunset was gone. I kept taking photos anyway. :)
I'd much rather chase sunsets over tornadoes. Plenty of drama, and oh! so VERY beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky and sunset!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute. (; I love the photos - so gorgeous - but even more, I love the way you two run around together, appreciating your amazing surroundings.

    ReplyDelete