Sunday, November 8, 2015

A post for someday

I just need to say, (and the timing of this is NOT relevant), that were I to die tomorrow, (and I have no such intentions), it would be okay.  I have accomplished everything I wanted- every burning desire has been fulfilled- there is no BIG item on my bucket list. I have it all. (Heck! I even swam with whales!)
 And this is not to say, that I don't want to continue to live, because, I do! And of course, there are all sorts of fun things left that I can do, that I want to do, that I probably will do! But that thing... that driving force people have.... "I HAVE to visit Italy!" or "I HAVE to climb that mountain!" "My dream is to.... (fill in the blank)"  I've done all that. I have all that. I hope to continue doing and having all that... but it's not necessary.
I'm just saying this because EVENTUALLY, SOME day, in the FAR future, this might be comforting to someone. I love where I live. I love what I have, and as long as my children are happy, I'm happy- but even that isn't a prerequisite to a life well lived. Life isn't about running around trying to make yourself happy. But that's a post for another time. 
Suffice to say- I HAVE lived well- been VERY fortunate ('but for the Grace of God, go I')  I've done all that which I've wanted/needed to do, and I have all that I want/need to have. 
It's enough.
I am grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. There will always be photos that want taken and children that want taken care of. They are little things but they add up to big accomplishments.
    : )

    ReplyDelete