Thursday, May 21, 2020

Old Friends


About a year and a half ago, I wrote a blog post about Timber and Red, our neighbor’s two old gentlemen horses. (http://silvyr.blogspot.com/2019/02/in-world-where-you-can-be-anything-you.html) Timber grieved for Red so much, that he wasn’t eating or drinking through that brutal winter, so the owners moved him into a pasture closer to their house, and although we’ve seen him often in a far pasture, my mares have not had any contact with him. But this morning, as Bruce left for work, he called me, very excited! ‘Guess who’s back?’ He asked! ‘It’s TIMBER!’ 

I was excited to run down and feed the mares. Journey and Magick have run of the main pasture at night, but Wynter, my old Arab mare, and Timber’s best friend of the three, is locked up at night. She wouldn’t know her buddy was back. I couldn’t wait to see her reaction. 





She was excited, and danced and ran around several times, ending back at Timber’s side. It was a beautiful reunion.



How nice to rekindle an old friendship and know you’ve got a Summer full of lazy days to spend together. 




2 comments: