Sunday, October 4, 2009

Windy Day




The Wind came in last night... the kind that shakes the house, and has you peering outside at all the large trees flanking the yard, calculating just how far they'd really reach if they fell. The animals were uneasy, and soon, I found myself surrounded by the two Shelties, AND all three cats! We lost our power at some point during the night, and again this morning.




It is still blustering today! The ghosties I'd hung from the trees are flapping crazily. Several patio chairs have been knocked over, as well as the fading potted plants neglected outside.















The Shelties are having to brace themselves
against the wind, when they go outside however, the sky is blue! with big puffy clouds. This is a beautiful, crisp Autumn day. I think I'll curl up
in a chair in the Library with a mug of coffee,
and a good book of ghost stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment