Sunday, December 6, 2009

On my way to work



This past week, the moon has been full, and it still hangs huge! and heavy as I leave for work. I've tried capturing it with my preschool point and shoot camera... It just doesn't do it justice. In the bottom right corner, you can barely see our barn. This is what it looks like as I leave the house every morning.

The mornings are cold... anywhere from 5 degrees to 13. The majority of homes here heat with some sort of wood. You can see the chimneys smoking, and know of the warmth and coziness inside.

Right now, there's a skiff of snow on the ground, frosting the trees and buildings. Clouds hang heavy in the valleys.

The road I drive is very rough, and narrow. I dodge wild turkeys, deer and elk, and constantly worry about sliding off the road, and down into the river. There would be nothing to stop the car, and no cell service to call for help. If I pass 3 cars in the 30 min. it takes to get to Trout Creek, I'm surprised!  But, I will opt for my drive to the preschool any day, over the stress of city driving.  The scenery rejuvenates me, and reminds me to be grateful for everything I have in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics, Meredith. I love the way the moon is full and bright.

    ReplyDelete