Monday, January 11, 2010

Gone


First it was Cass. He had to leave Jan. 2nd to fly back to Santa Cruz and his Life. There was an immediate damper on the festivities... an urgency to fill each day. We could see "normal" life looming, larger and larger. The end of the holidays was nigh.

When Chelsey left, just 3 days later... 2010 demanded attention.  I had to start thinking about lesson plans, and preparing to teach the preschoolers. The Christmas tree had to come down, as the needles had begun to drop and we were worried about starting a fire everytime we turned on the lights.  BUT... I still had my youngest home! so, we still made time to watch movies, and play some games.


Cade got to pick out whatever meals he wanted, which translated to all the fun stuff we don't normally indulge in- tacos, chili dogs, etc. YUM! But Cade doesn't really eat much... and he didn't want any more desserts. The Christmas goodies were gone, the leftovers devoured when I realized Cade was leaving soon.
The Child decided he'd better get back to "real life" at the Univ. of Idaho- classes were starting soon, so on Sunday, Jan. 10th, the last of my children pulled out of the driveway and headed away.

I do understand that this is the way it has to be. I would not have the best years of my life... my children, my husband... had my parents held me imprisoned at home. And I would NEVER, never, never consider depriving them of their adult lives- whatever, and wherever that expresses in them. BUT..... I miss them so VERY, very much. My life feels so right when everyone is home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I'm going to take this very hard too, when the time comes. It's a long ways away, but I often wonder how I'll ever prepare myself...

    ReplyDelete