Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fishing

On a warm, Sunday evening, Bruce convinced me to put the canoe in the water and go fishing.  He did this,  KNOWING that I would bring my camera along, and subject him to numerous candid shots.  What can I say? The man is a trooper (or a glutton for punishment).
The water was calm- the air cool.  Seemed like the perfect time to catch a few perch, or bass, or maybe even Pike.
Bruce got the poles ready.
We started fishing.
I really enjoyed casting, and watching my cool lure wiggle through the water. Good thing, too... because I wasn't getting any bites.
My attention turned to the Osprey, flying overhead.  He wasn't having any better luck than Bruce and I.
I noticed the Great Blue Heron wasn't catching anything either.
But with scenery like this... who cares if you actually get a fish on your line or not?  We were out there for relaxation, anyway... and that is easy to come by out here. 
Eventually, the air grew cooler as the sun went down, and we headed back to shore without either of us getting a single nibble on our lines.  Oh well.  Just more incentive to get out there and try again.

1 comment:

  1. Yes beautiful scenery to just relax and lose yourself in the beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete