Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

Happy Birthday to me!
I'm now 53!
I'm grateful I got this far-
Life's been good to Merrydee!

Ok... poetry is NOT my forte! :)  but the sentiment is true enough. While there are things in my life I'd like changed (i.e. kids living closer- unlimited money source, absence of aches and pains, etc) for the most part things are pretty close to perfect.  I'm living where I want to live, and the way I want to live, working at a job I love (this year anyway :) surrounded by people I love (thank God for Internet and cell phones!).  I am happy.  And that's a pretty wonderful accomplishment for 53 years.

I had a wonderful birthday.  Bruce and the kids went out of their way to make it special. Bruce bought me flowers and wine, and the table was beautiful!
We had snow crab for dinner!  with fresh corn on the cob from our garden, and rice pilaf!  It was an adventure trying to get the meat out of the crab legs!  Bruce and I both commented on how much effort was involved in so little result! but it was delicious, and fun!
Per family tradition, I got wonderful "under the plate" gifts! So many, that Bruce had to use 3 towels to hide the plate!!! (handknit socks from the Farmer's Market, wine, candy, kitchen utensils, bubble bath, etc.)
All three kids sent thoughtful, "I know who you are" gifts, as well as all three of my sisters!  Friends and extended family sent lovely sentiments and wishes via the internet. I even got an "oh my goodness, you REALLY should NOT have given me that much" gift from a friend who knows who he is! *stares pointedly at Frank and shakes a finger!*
So, I felt very loved, and appreciated.  Thank you all SO much!  You're all the main reason I am so grateful for my life.
Here's to the next 53! 
*smiles*

2 comments:

  1. If it weren't for a certain small kitten who is sitting on my arm and restricting movement, I would write more. I'll just say that when you are happy, it brings me great joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did I do? *stares blankly and pretends not to understand* lol. I'm glad you had a terrific day. You deserve it and so much more.

    ReplyDelete