Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bruce

 
Bruce's REAL birthday, was Sept. 1- Wednesday.  I wished him Happy Birthday, and took him out to dinner
 My sister and brother-in-law sent him these LUSCIOUS chocolate dipped strawberries! which went a long ways in making the day special.
(Man! they were GOOD!) but other than that, we were waiting to celebrate when Cade came home for Labor Day Weekend. 
We expected Cade on Friday morning, but I received a call Thurs. afternoon telling me that Cade's car had broken down.  The mechanic said it was the wheel bearings.
"Can it be driven?" I asked. Cade informed me he'd already asked, and the guy said "Sure! Although, you run the risk of the back tires locking up... OR, they might just fall off.  Of course, they COULD catch on fire." *sighs*  Of course, we told him not to come.  It just wasn't worth taking a chance.
BUT Friday morning, at 6:45 am, I got a text from Cade.
  His friends were driving to Canada and would drop him off in Sandpoint, if I could drive up and pick him up!  OF COURSE, I could!!!  Woohoo! :)
Typical college kid... he was exhausted when he got home- so he took a nap. 
ALL of us were just glad to have him HOME! :)
Bruce had a great birthday celebration in the gazebo. Soy Sauce Chicken, cucumbers in sour cream (with cucumbers, and onions from our garden), homemade French bread and cowboy beans!  And of course, a French Silk pie for dessert!
We broke out a bottle of wine that Bruce loves....  It all tasted so good!
And after dinner, there were gifts...
The kids and I all chipped in cash to be used ONLY for the last two golf clubs Bruce needs to complete his set!  I think there may even be enough to buy him lunch while he's in Missoula picking out just the right clubs!
I hope Bruce felt special. I hope he could feel the love and admiration we feel for him. He is a very special man, and we feel so very grateful he's ours. He is very loved.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Bruce!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day!! I'm glad Cade was able to make it home. The strawberries look very good.

    ReplyDelete