Saturday, October 2, 2010

An October visit

 We had an old friend come visit us the first week of October!
Frank flew into Spokane from his home in Woodstock, Ontario on a beautiful, October day. He hasn't been able to visit since 2006! so it was very good to see him.
Frank is a quiet, gentle man, and our animals took to him at once! Selkie would NOT stop licking him!  Frank didn't seem to mind... but my goodness! there really should be a limit! LOL!
He even held Cleo for a bit- although, Digit insisted on biting him (which is fairly typical Digit behavior)
We had lunch together with another dear friend of mine- Becky. She'd met Frank on Facebook, and was pleased to be able to talk to him in person!
I had to work all week- so I'm not sure exactly HOW Frank spent all that time alone (with the two dogs, 3 cats, 3 horses, 3 bunnies, and 3 parrots! LOL!) but he was very good natured about it. He said he was able to take some walks and just relax.
Too soon, we were driving back to Spokane to drop him off at the airport.
It was a gorgeous, Autumn drive...
I'm thinking Frank might be back... maybe in the Summer?
Bye, Frank! Thanks for coming!












1 comment:

  1. I had a great visit!! It was nice to visit in the fall. I didn't think Digit would remember me. lol. Maybe next time he will be ok. I'm glad Selkie wasn't afraid of me. Maybe next time, Piper will come closer, although he did come up and lick my hand the one time and let me pet him. :)
    I had lots to do while I was there.Lots to see and the time just went too fast. It was nice to meet Becky in person. It was a beautiful drive to Spokane. I can't wait to come back again. And you and Bruce won't have heart attacks at what I eat. hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete