Saturday, February 2, 2019

Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts

This isn't a recipe blog, per se, but it IS a compilation about living life in rural Montana, and we eat.... so.... there's that. 
and with that said-
A couple of years ago, I bought Bruce an Air Fryer for Christmas! The amazing claims touted on the reviews just cinched it for me. I HAD to have low cal, better-for-you french fries, RIGHT???
The reality for us was a bit disappointing. I, actually, think the french fries I bake in the oven are as good, if not better. *sighs* It didn't seem to cut down on time- We aren't in the habit of using a lot of oil to cook with, so it didn't really cut down on fat consumption... It DID keep the kitchen cooler in the Summer, but it only cooked such small amounts at a time. 
Meh.
AND YET... we have a very dear friend who just SWEARS by his- enough so that I went looking for air fryer recipes, determined to give it another try. 
And I found.....

Air Fried Butterflied Stuffed Chicken Breasts

YUM!!!!
Basically, you take 2 chicken breasts, and slice them lengthwise through the middle but not all the way through. Then, you stuff them with broccoli and cheddar cheese, close them up, and secure with toothpicks.  You are supposed to coat the outside of the chicken with flour, but apparently, I didn't spritz it with enough oil (isn't that the POINT?) so, the flour was just .... well- flour on the outside even when the chicken breast was cooked. Next time, I'll just season the outside of the chicken breast. You really don't need it breaded. I served it with rice and additional broccoli. OH my! it was delicious... very simple, and we'll definitely be making it again! 
Here's the link to the recipe:
https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/air-fried-butterflied-stuffed-chicken-breast.html?r=1

So- maybe we'll keep the air fryer. I just won't bother making french fries in it. 

1 comment:

  1. frozen FF work. I never use fresh for fries. I like sweet potato fries better than white.

    ReplyDelete