Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ever changing

I got today's inspiration from laughing at myself!
I was looking out the sliding glass doors, at my backyard, and immediately grabbed for my camera. 'It's SO beautiful! I've GOT to get a picture!' I sighed to the Shelties... and then, I realized, that I not only had at least 100 photos of this exact shot, but I probably had 2-3 on my camera at that moment. 
It was then that the idea struck me. Wouldn't it be sort of cool, to post all those photos....?  Because, although, I take numerous pictures standing on my back patio, looking up the Deep Creek drainage, they are all so different!  Living here, our view changes daily. And every nuance is breathtaking!
So- without further adieu...
April 2011
and a few days later- April 2011
May 2011 (not QUITE the same photo- but still the backyard- I've just turned a bit to my right)
July 2010
August 2010- red sun due to all the fires in the area. Again, this one is cheating a bit- not exactly the same spot as the others. Hmmm... I'm going to have to work on this, and do another post like this.
August full moon (ok... time to get back on track)
October 2011
Hallowe'en morning! 2011 (it's worth it to click on the photo above, and open it all the way up- It's a panorama- and pretty nice, if I do say so myself :)
Nov. 1st 2011
Nov. 3rd? or somewhere close 2011
Nov. 11, 2011
and finally, Nov. 12, 2011
It's hard to beat living here, with this ever changing view.  I'm truly grateful.
 oops! I lied. Here's ONE more, taken today- Nov. 13, 2011. I thought I had time to sneak this into the series, because I don't think very many people have viewed this post yet. :)  Amazing... the changes in one day, right?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, how did you do the panorama? It's gorgeous. You could do a montage too but it might actually detract from the individual photos unless it was about 10x14 and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the panarama, Mere. Now that you can do that, we'll expect all sorts of huge Montana sky photos. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually opened up the first one and just scrolled through the rest. Such a variety of moods, colors and types of weather. The rainbow is so bright and happy compared to some of the (equally wonderful) winter scenes. If you took photos from the exact same location (like the first two photos posted) you could get a time-lapse thing going and you could create a "movie" of the seasons. I have always loved time-lapse stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave is the last, with all its fall color AND the snow it is wondrous to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day is different there. You wake up each morning and can look at the same view, but there is always something different in it.

    ReplyDelete