Thursday, October 17, 2013

Beginning to get some color

It seemed to me that Fall was NEVER going to come to NW Montana!  We got a TON of rain in Sept. and early October, and then, the trees seemed to be staying green, or turning a muddy brown.  But as I drove to and from work this week, I could see signs of change- and today?  Today, the sun came out, and the drive was GORGEOUS!
Lovely reds, oranges and yellows- and beige-browns.
Luckily, there were no cars behind me as I crawled down the road, almost driving into the ditches because I was staring out the windows- trying to soak up the beauty of the season.
At home, our magnificent Maple tree was in her glory! This tree is such a fiery, BRILLIANT red- I don't think I've ever seen the like.
Just when I thought the view couldn't get any better....
a lovely, little buck stepped out of the woods...
and posed for me.
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery!!!! I love the fall colours there. They were just turning when I was there last in Oct. 2010.

    ReplyDelete