Monday, October 19, 2015

A trip to Noxon in October


I got to attend a birthday party at a park in Noxon, yesterday. Although it was a cold, cloudy day with occasional drizzles, the drive there and back was breathtaking! 
(again- do me a favor, and click on each individual photo to enlarge them)
 
My mother used to say that in October, the mountains pulled on their patchwork quilts to stay warm. It's certainly what it looks like- the patches of brilliant Aspen and Tamarack yellow and orange, the red of Mountain Maples.
It reminded me of a poem...
October's Party
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.”
George Cooper

I am in total agreement with  L.M. Montgomery, (author of Anne of Green Gables)
 “I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Meredith, a great tribute to your friend...Pics last forever but good friends wont last forever..You now have wonderful memories to hold on too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! The photo of the yellow leaves and the river, the closeup... Wow. That's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The photo of the yellow leaves and the river, the closeup... Wow. That's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete