Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My favorite season

One thing I truly miss, by being retired, is my drive into school every day. I never tired of traveling Blue Slide because every day the scenery would change... just a bit, as the seasons ebbed and flowed into each other.  So, I was excited to have a few workshops in and around Trout Creek and Noxon last week, and I made sure I took my camera along. 
It's a bit of an odd year. Some trees are turning color early, and others are barely turning color at all. (to do the photos justice, please click on the photo to open it to original size!)
And to top it off, we STILL have too much smoke in the air,
although, it varies from one day to the next.
(same photo, just one day apart! Frankly, I love the muted tones in the top shot- but that's just me, apparently)
 At home, we're just starting to get color.
 
Our Oak, usually so far behind the maples, has decided to try to keep up this year.
The Maple in front is further along than the Maple in back...
And the Canadian Red looks to be on fire when the sun shines through the leaves!
(open the photo! You'll see what I mean!)
Today, I had to travel Blue Slide towards Thompson Falls! Another spectacular experience!
I'm sure I'm a menace on the road... slowing down, stopping in the middle of the road-  I actually keep my camera on, with the lens cap off, and the windows rolled down, so I can capture the view in a moments' notice!
And I've earned my share of "looks" from people standing in their yards while I stop in front of their home and start snapping away! LOL!
It's worth it to me.  I will look at these photos for years to come, and relive the beauty of Fall in Western Montana.
Be prepared. I'm SURE to take MORE! ;)
(and PLEASE! click on the photos to open them up to original size- it makes SUCH a difference)


2 comments:

  1. And I will enjoy a day looking to the eyes of, Silvyr....These are incredible shots. I so wish to some day see in my eyes,but until let me share through yours..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will enjoy looking back on these absolutely stunning shots when we're in the dead of winter experiencing a blizzard and remember what fall sunshine feels like!

    ReplyDelete