Friday, March 5, 2010

Nuthatch

I have been trying to get a decent photo of a Nuthatch for about a year! They are so QUICK! I haven't been able to get a clear shot.
But today, we had a pair come in who's main focus was on EATING.  Either that, or they finally decided to humor me. :)
My Mother used to love to watch Nuthatches because they walk down trees head first! and they enjoy hanging upside down.
The sheer fact that SHE loved them, made me love them as well. They have a big sound for such a tiny bird, and they are so busy!
But I love their colors, too.... the muted blue-grey feathers on their back, the stripe over their eyes, and the warm, orangey-brown of their tummies.
Good-bye little Nuthatch! and thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I think it was Queen Anne's Lace that I heard Gramma favorably comment on while on a walk one day and, same as you and nuthatches, I immediately loved Queen Anne's lace too. :) She was very influential! (Or we are just VERY impressionable!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic!!!! You really capture the beauty and colours of them.

    ReplyDelete