Monday, May 31, 2010

Blueberry cake YUM!

I'm changing my regular style of posting because I just HAVE to share this with you all!  Tonight, I made a blueberry (actually, huckleberry) cake for Bruce and myself, and it was SCRUMPTIOUS!  Here's the recipe- (which I found online at About.com)

BLUEBERRY CAKE
Grease a 9x13 cake pan. Preheat oven to 375
2 cups flour                         1 cup milk
1 cup sugar                        2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder               1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel                 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup butter- softened      
Combine dry ingredients. Cut in softened butter.  Add milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
Pour 3/4 of the batter into the greased 9x13 pan. Top with blueberries. Spoon remaining batter over the top.
Bake 35 min. at 375
Cool 30 min.
Blend together icing ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract
3-5 tsp. milk
Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake and DEVOUR! :)
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm it looks very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will file this away to use when I move to MT. It sounds tasty! C.

    ReplyDelete