Monday, May 3, 2010

No power


I was all settled, watching a NetFlix movie while doing a bit of xstitch, when our power went out. When it didn't come back on after a few minutes, I was a bit afraid it would be off for awhile, but since it was only 1:40 pm, I thought I'd have plenty of time to finish my movie, and get my work done when it came back on. The weather WAS cold and nasty, and I did say a little prayer and thank you to the Linesmen who would be working to restore power.
The house started getting colder... but since the wood was all the way down in the barn, and surely the power would be back on soon... I decided not to build a fire. The house got even colder. Bruce brought home some fried chicken from the Deli. The house got even colder. 63 degrees! I finished my book. My complaints against the Linesmen became more frequent. My whining stopped only because I was beyond miserable, and way past hope.
Then... 7 1/2 hrs. later, after I'd already crawled into bed with a flashlight and a new book, the electricity came back on!!! YAY! Aren't Linesmen wonderful?

3 comments:

  1. The power of positive thinking..smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is so cute! haha. you are just adorable mama. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might get some use out of that gas fireplace I'm putting in.... I enjoyed your cute picture! C.

    ReplyDelete