Saturday, April 23, 2011

Funny story

I've got to share a funny story at my expense, because it illustrates what my life out here is like. 
 I had come downstairs to get a cup of coffee before returning to my office upstairs when I noticed a shape by our front door.  Our door is the kind with beveled leaded glass in it, and sidelights- so, you can see that something is there, but the image is a bit distorted.  
We have a fawn, who is so audacious, he comes right up on the front porch.  So, when I saw a shape outside the front door, I immediately assumed it was the fawn- and yet... it didn't quite look like a deer shape, which is why I stood there trying to reconcile what I was seeing!  NEVER once did it occur to me that it was a PERSON! LOL! 
When my brain FINALLY engaged, I realized it was the FedEx man waiting for me to open the door and receive my package.  We both laughed (he's a super nice guy) when he explained how he saw me walk into the foyer, and stare at the door for a full minute, before I finally let him in. It's so unusual to have someone drive all the way out here, it makes much more sense to have an animal show up on the front porch than a person! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment