Sunday, June 28, 2015

Arizona called...

Montana is setting record high temperatures, and I don't like it.
It was bad enough on Sat. when the temperature registered 113.2
 We spent Sunday on the boat, but we could tell, it was hotter than the day before. Once home, we checked our outdoor thermometer.
There should be a law against this! :(
Unfortunately, it's taking it's toll on the animals. We lost Chloe, a really wonderful chicken due to the heat. Now, I'm scrambling like crazy to make sure I've done all I can to save the others. I've frozen veggies in ice, installed a kiddie pool, and I'm hauling buckets of water into the chicken yard, making mud. I hope it's enough.
Anyway... Arizona? You can come take your heat back. We don't want it!!!

2 comments:

  1. as usual really enjoyed...Sry about the garden, ...I lost mine do to rain then heat shortly after. Are your plants self pollinated?.........We used to have Killdeer here,Haven't seen any in years,,they are amazing to watch,...Sry about the chickens, you have tried so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the one year it was hot and you placed ice in the coop and with the bunnies but this is hotter than it was at that time. I know you will do anything to keep them safe and cool

    ReplyDelete