Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birds



Beside our back patio, is an Oak we call the Bird Tree for obvious reasons.
 I was never much of a bird watcher until we moved out here. I'm always amazed at the varieties of birds we get. Even in the Winter.
 And the sheer numbers of birds! This morning, Bruce and I counted 14 Grosbeaks on the Oak at one time!
Of course, we have chickadees... the normal kind (see above), as well as Chestnut Sided Chickadees.
We have Nuthatches, too... although I haven't gotten any decent photos of them lately.
For some reason, every time I hear a Chickadee's call, I think of my Mother. I think Chickadees might be my absolute favorite type of bird.
But we have a little Downey Woodpecker that I adore, also. He's such a busy little guy! and so pretty.
Our biggest problem is keeping Hobbes, the cat, from getting our bird friends. It's a never ending endeavor. (By now you've caught on that this post was less about the text, and everything about me wanting to show off my bird photos! :)   Thanks for bearing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment