Friday, February 26, 2010

A Change in Routine

See... the ROUTINE is.... that as soon as Bruce or I get up, we let the Shelties outside to piddle. It's a quick jaunt, because as soon as they come inside, they get fed... which is all very exciting!  THEN, they go outside again- to finish up anything they were too hungry to start the first time.
It's an important routine... one that should not be messed with, or taken lightly.
TODAY, however... things didn't turn out as planned. When I woke up, and looked out the bedroom window, I could see we had a problem.
Apparently, 10 elk had bedded down in our front yard the night before and they'd just gotten up and were enjoying a little breakfast!  I had to trick the Shelties into the garage (not trusting their bladders) to wait until our visitors ambled off.
Itty kept tabs on them. Hobbes joined him after awhile... between the two of them, they kept things orderly.
There were 3 calves in the group. Aren't they just adorable? I wanted to rush out, and hug this one.
After awhile, they meandered off... and I was able to let two very disgruntled Shelties out of the garage, so we could resume our routine.
Selkie expressed her opinion of our deviated schedule.  She hopes tomorrow doesn't bring more of the same shenanigans.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. It would be nice to wake up to that. But I can see and imagine Selkie and Piper not being very happy at the change in routine. I love your pics.

    ReplyDelete