Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

This was the first Valentine's Day in 27 yrs. that Bruce and I celebrated alone. Cass is in Santa Cruz, Chelsey is in Birmingham, and Cade couldn't get away to drive the 4 hrs. from Moscow, Id.   And so.... I had to ship Valentine love boxes off to each of them, and be satisfied with talking to them on the phone.
As for Bruce and myself.... we decided on Egg rolls for dinner (We really love egg rolls) and of course, cheesecake for dessert.  I set a pretty table, wrapped a few gifts, lit the candles.

Bruce opened a bottle of champagne and we ate dinner while watching two elk graze in our backyard. And it was really nice! Quieter than in years past but very nice.
 
HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY to you all!
(btw... Bruce spoiled me by giving me 3 books I'd been wanting to read, AND a car adaptor for my iPod! I gave him Season 3 of House, and an extra set of bottles for his beer making endeavors!  :)
Thank you, Bruce, for sticking with me for so long- through good times and bad. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great day for both of you. Happy Valentine's Day Bruce and Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce looks 25 in this photo. Reminds me of your wedding! Awww..sounds like a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you got the best brand of champagne for the occasion. :) It's so nice to hear your descriptions of locations and have some idea of where they are now and so to picture them better. Thanks for the vicarious walk and for all the really nice photos. The geese reflections are super nice.

    ReplyDelete