Saturday, January 21, 2012

and the snow keeps piling up

It started Tuesday while I was driving into work.
A past-preschool Dad was already at the church plowing the parking lot for me when I arrived.  Trout Creek had a couple of inches and the snow was coming down fast and furious. Later that morning, we were notified that Noxon had let out school. They had close to 18 inches, and there was no sign that the snow was going to stop.  I canceled my tutoring session after preschool, and made my way home while it was still light.  The next morning, I woke to find our back patio desperately in need of shoveling.
It still wasn't stopping, and as the day went by, I measured how much snow we were getting by the fountain on the back patio.
Thursday morning, it was STILL snowing! and I declared a snow day, even though Thompson Falls, Trout Creek and Noxon all kept school open. For the record, I think they were CRAZY! the roads were slick, many were unplowed (like Blue Slide), and the snow didn't stop until Friday noon.
I think our snow peaked by Friday morning.
Unfortunately, Friday night we got freezing rain, so now, everything is covered with a layer of ice.
YUK!
We have more snow predicted for Tuesday....
just in time for preschool. *sighs*

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so nice though, with the fresh fallen snow. That is a lot of snow though

    ReplyDelete