Monday, January 23, 2012

January

I got in trouble once before for saying something like- "grey, dreary November"- so, I won't say it. I'll let you make your OWN determination. :)

But to help you with your opinion, I'll add some facts-
Our January has seen some historical snowfalls... only to give us rain on top of 18 inches of snow.  That boils down to ICE, and worse- WATER on top of ICE.  YUK!

Makes it tough to feed the horses.... I don't want to give them hay where they have to stand on ice to eat.  I, also, don't want to put their hay in standing water.  Did I say YUK strongly enough?

And yet, not EVERY single day has been cloudy. (See how I avoided the word GREY? Dreary?)
Every once in a while, the sun peeks out... and we are rewarded with that loveliest of all colors-
Montana blue-
and the hope of Spring.

1 comment:

  1. interesting WGN radio interview with Henry Winkler - about your lovely place in the world - just a bit about Montana - but it's good

    http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/garrymeier/wgnam-garry-meier-henry-winkler,0,2266744.mp3file

    ReplyDelete