Saturday, January 21, 2012

Major Snow storm

They are saying this is the 6th largest snowstorm in Montana's history.  I guess it's because of the amount of snow dumped in ONE storm (which lasted over 2 days, by the way).  It's certainly not because of the amount of snow accumulated over the Winter season- because we definitely saw this much snow last Winter and the Winter before that.
 However you figure it, we got A LOT of snow between Tuesday and Friday morning.  A LOT!
and of course, I was out there, documenting the entire thing with my camera :)
So- sit back, and look at some of my Winter photos- and remember, you can click on any of them to view them in a larger size.
this is out near the barn...
This tall berm, where Bruce dumped some of the snow accumulated by plowing, looks like a perfect sledding hill!  I may have to try that out.
This is in the horse pasture. We feed under the trees, because the snow is less deep there, and there's more protection from the wind, etc.
This is what I saw when I woke up Thursday morning. :)  I declared a SNOW DAY! 
It snowed HARD! All Thursday!
The Shelties had a terrible time getting around, so they stuck to the shoveled areas.
But as fast as we'd shovel, the snow would cover the paths.
Bruce had to keep plowing, to keep the driveway open.
After awhile, the snow couldn't support it's own weight. I call this "lazy snow", :)
Bruce said the entire bed of his truck was filled with snow- clear to the top! Crazy!
I LOVE it! :) Perfect day to curl up and read a book.... once you come in from shoveling, that is.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful winter photos, Meredith. Yes, a perfect day to read, have some hot chocolate and relax, watching the scenery at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's so pretty at your house! We got almost what you got and the view is outrageous! It took me awhile to just dig out in front of the garage door with my Toro Power Shovel, so I feel for Bruce! It was deep and I was exhausted! So glad my neighbor just bought a Snowcat and plowed the road....

    ReplyDelete