Saturday, July 31, 2010

Neverending Story Morning

I woke this morning to the sound of thunder echoing in our mountain valley. The sound built, and rumbled before culminating in a crescendoing CRASH!  Lightening pierced the sky.
 Soon, you hear a splat... then, another splat... then, faster, louder, and more raindrops fall peppering the sidewalks until the cloud bursts.
 My niece, Emily, calls it a Neverending Story type of day.  I couldn't agree more. (open the photos!)
Soon, these storms never really last very long, there's a break in the sky... the thunder becomes more distant, the raindrops slow in intensity, and the show is over.  I'm grateful to live in such a beautiful theatre. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you took pictures so I could actually see what I was talking about, lol. I can just see Atreyu riding his horse in the distance. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete