Saturday, July 31, 2010

Staining the Gazebo

It has to be done, but neither Bruce nor I wanted to do it. The entire gazebo has to be stained, inside and out, TWICE!!! bleah.
It was cooler today, probably because of the morning rain storm, so, we thought we'd better take advantage of the weather, and get to work.
It's fairly tedious... and Bruce and I kept mentioning how much MORE fun this would be, if the kids were home, and we were ALL doing it together! *hopeful smile*  but then, we realized we really wanted the entire patio to be finished by the time they arrived   :(    (However, I had the BRILLIANT idea, that we could leave the INSIDE for that fun, family bonding time :)
I have to tell you (and I think Bruce would HAVE to corroborate) that he is BY FAR the grumpier of the two of us when it comes to painting. 
Despite that, Bruce IS the one who puts a bit of fun into everything he does. :)
Hobbes and Itty supervised...
Selkie and Piper were smart enough to stay close, but out of the way. I think they worried THEY would be put to work.  We're not done, but we've accomplished a lot today! (and don't pay any attention to Bruce. It really WASN'T all that bad!  :)

5 comments:

  1. It's looking good! I like the color! Save the ceiling for the kids! C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobbes and Itty are making sure you don't miss any spots and Selkie and Piper are giving moral support. :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be such a relaxing little haven (when you're all done working on it!). I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Meredith! I love your blog. The pictures, the stories, the laughter, fun, memories. All of it:) I so much enjoy reading it. I'm a little homesick, can you tell? Keep up the good work and enjoy your kids!!!! Ev

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it turned out amazing
    cant wait to have lunch in it

    ReplyDelete